Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pasiparuppu kulambu / split green gram dhal fry – Mom’s recipe



   This recipe is one of my favorite recipe of my mom’s cooking. My mom too have sweet memories about this kulambu , she always tell  me and my sis anu that she had this kulambu in her hostel mess during her college days in Coimbatore.
  Mom usually tells she can’t able to get the taste what she tasted in the mess. I like my mom’s version. For all of us , our mom’s cooking will be divine. Lets move on to the recipe.
Requirements :
Pasipparuppu ( split moong dhal ) – 1 cup
Shallots – 5 – 6
Green chilly – 3
Tomato – 1
Curry leave – a sprig
Oil – 1 tbs
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Salt as required
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp

Method :
 Cook the moong dhal along with shallots , turmeric powder , chilly and tomato with two cup of water.
Add salt and mix well.
Heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds and curry leave.
Add this tempering to the dhal.
This dhal is best combo with idly , dosa and roti.

6 comments:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.